View single post by sledhead
 Posted: Mon Apr 18th, 2011 12:14 am
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
sledhead



Joined: Wed Jun 23rd, 2010
Location: Wisconsin USA
Posts: 185
Status: 
Offline
Well, Friday I got started on that Railmaster loco kit. Talk about a box o'parts. Yeeesh, gonna take me a while, but I did make good progress last night.


Box o' parts:



I cut out cast shut rear louvers and used a jig to solder individual fins, fussy work but the end result was a vast improvement. Cutting out the center of the casting without damaging the frame around it was the hardest part. USG made a few modifications to the rear cooling vents over the year, not a surprise as these locos were meant for Alaska and ended up at the gates of hell.

New vents soldered in the 'open' position.


Last edited on Mon Apr 18th, 2011 12:15 am by sledhead



____________________
mike
Close Window