|Joined: ||Tue Jan 24th, 2006|
|Location: ||Berwick, Australia|
|Martin kindly prepared the method of placing pictures
Don asked me to post a quick guide to inserting pictures in your posts using the integrated Gallery.IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPOR___You get the idea
The following is quite easy to do, but works only in Internet Explorer and Firefox. If you are using a different browser such as Opera or Chrome you must insert images in the same way as you did on the old forum.
1. When you are typing a message and reach the point where you want to insert an image, press the ENTER key to get a nice clear new line.
2. Click the button above the typing area. It's the last one in the row.
3. A page will appear showing all your Gallery pictures.
4. If the one you want is already there, just click it.
4a. It will immediately appear in your message, resized to not more than 800 x 600 size.
4b. Press the ENTER key again to continue typing below it.
5. If the picture is not already there, click the Upload Photo link at the top right.
6. A page will appear with a button labelled Browse or Choose. Click it.
7. Navigate on your computer to where the picture is saved, and click it.
8. Having selected your picture, click the Upload button.
9. Wait a few moments for it to upload to the Gallery.
10. A page will appear showing all your Gallery pictures, with the new one at the top left. Click it.
11. It will immediately appear in your message, resized to not more than 800 x 600 size.
12. Press the ENTER key again to continue typing below it.
13. When ready, click Post Reply or Preview buttons in the usual way.
Easy-peasy, once you have tried it a few times.
Note that the picture must be less than 3MB in file size, and not more than 6 Megapixels (e.g. not more than 3000 x 2000 pixels).
If your camera produces pictures larger than that, for example some digital SLRs, you must resize them yourself before uploading, otherwise you will get an error. A good free program for resizing images is Irfanview -- download from: http://www.irfanview.com/
If you have bought a new computer, or recently upgraded Internet Explorer (latest is IE9) and the second blue line of options--including the G is missing---
In IE9, open FreeRails click on "tools" at the top of page. There will be a drop down menu. Click on "compatibility view settings" then click on "add". This adds the web site that you have open (FreeRails) to a list.
This list tells IE9 to display the website as if you were using IE8, or earlier. You may have to refresh the page (circular arrow thingy at right hand end of address bar)
Second line of options, including the G, should now be available to you.
Our server is aware of the problem. They are working on a new version of the software